Our Admission policies have changed. Please carefully read the following:.
- As of January 2018 Forsyth Humane Society is partnering with Forsyth County Animal Control (FCAC). FHS has assumed responsibility for sheltering animals at FCAC, including adoptions and intake. We refer to this second location as University North (UN). We are now an open admission shelter for Forsyth County, NC dogs and cats with intakes done at our UN location.
- We are asking that pet owners look at surrendering their pet as their very last resort. We cannot guarantee placement in our adoption program, and have limitations on space and resources which means euthanasia is a real possibility.
- We are well on our way to our goal of increasing the save rate from 36% in 2017 to 90% by the year 2023, but cannot achieve it alone. Shelters are stressful environments for your pet. They may exhibit behaviors in a shelter they do not exhibit at home, which makes it harder for them to be adopted. Please make every effort to re-home your animal on your own.
Pets are members of the family. With many millions of companion animals surrendered to animal shelters each year, and countless stray animals roaming our streets, giving up a companion animal is not a decision to be taken lightly. If circumstances arise that prohibit you from caring for your pet, there may be options for you to consider before relinquishing your pet.
Below is a list of resources to give your pet the best chance to find a new home:
- Re-Home Your Pet Yourself
- Is Your Animal a Specific Breed, or Mostly One Breed?
- Get Help with Behavior Issues. Click these links to seek assistance with a dog trainer.
- Other Local 501©3 Rescues:
- AARF- (336) 768-7387
- Stepping Stones Canine Rescueemail@example.com
- SPCA of the Triad (336)-375-3222
*We schedule our intake appointments 2 weeks in advance. We do not guarantee placement in our adoption program. We have limitations on space and resources and we can only accept animals that are currently located in Forsyth County, NC.
A staff member will contact you within 2 business days to discuss eligibility for the Foster to Surrender Program.