Thank you for your compassion towards this lost pet. Listed below are several suggestions & resources designed to reunite families.
- Check for a microchip: Please take the pet to be scanned for a microchip at a veterinary clinic, or at Forsyth County Animal Services.
- Post on Pawboost! PawBoost is like an AMBER Alert for lost pets. Millions of pet lovers have joined their Rescue Squad by signing up for localized lost & found pet alerts. More importantly, PawBoost has helped reunite over 1 million pets with their families. Posting is free, with optional premium services available.
- Post a picture to Petco Love Lost
- Visit WXII Pets for additional resources for posting found pets.
- Create a found pet flyer. Post your flyers in the area where the pet was found.
- Post on Facebook Pages: WXII12 Pets or email email@example.com, Lost & Found Pets of Winston-Salem, NC, LOST & FOUND – GUILFORD, FORSYTH PETS, Lost and Found Animals in Yadkin, Surry, Forsyth, and Wilkes Counties, Lost & Found Dogs – North Carolina, or Lost & Found Pets of North Carolina.
- Post an ad in the paper (The Winston-Salem Journal will place a “Found Animal” ad at no charge to the finder).
Received a response? Great! Consider the following suggestions for your safety and the safety of the animal:
- Ask for proof of ownership.
- Examples that can be emailed or texted include a photo of the dog or cat, and/or vet records with a description. This may save both parties a trip if it is not the right animal.
- Meet in a public place, preferably with a family member or friend.