Our volunteers are the backbone of our organization and provide much needed kind care to our pets and assistance to our agency. We are very grateful you are interested in volunteering for Forsyth Humane Society!
From cleaning to helping with community outreach, to providing comfort for an animal in need, Forsyth Humane Society’s volunteer program offers a wide variety of opportunities for animal lovers to use their unique talents and skills to help the animals of Forsyth County, N.C. Our volunteers provide much-needed socialization and enrichment for our animals, help us connect with our local community, provide support for all departments, and offer their varied expertise in many different ways each day. Forsyth Humane Society volunteers help us ensure that Forsyth County’s pets and their people are happy, healthy, and thriving!
- Volunteer hours at both locations are Monday – Saturday 8 a.m. – 6 p.m.
- Volunteers must be at least 16 to volunteer independently
- Children ages 12-15 are permitted to volunteer with a trained parent or legal guardian. Both parents and children must register for family volunteering.
- A face covering is required to volunteer at both of our locations.
Together we can reach 90% save rate for shelter pets in Forsyth County, N.C. by 2023. #SAVEFURSYTH!
Steps for Joining our Volunteer Program:
You must complete volunteer orientation and fear free certification prior to volunteering with us.
The goal of Fear Free Shelter Program is to improve the experiences of animals by educating shelter, rescue, and animal welfare employees and volunteers like you about their emotional needs. The Fear Free Shelter Program is approximately five hours long and can be completed all at once or over a period of time.
Please see below for instructions to complete our Fear Free Certification Course
Attach the below image when registering for Fear Free Certification.
Once you complete Fear Free Certification, please email the completion certificate to Trent at Country Club or Carly at University North. Thank You!
Step 6: One we have received your fear free certification and application, our staff will reach out to schedule your welcome tour.
Thank you for your time and we look forward to welcoming you to our program.
- Trent Hazzard, Country Club Location Volunteer Coordinator
- Email: email@example.com
- Direct Line: 336-546-1409
- Carly Crisafulli, University North Location Volunteer Coordinator
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Direct Line: 336-546-1414