Interested in Volunteering?
Volunteers are the backbone of our organization and provide much-needed care to our pets and organization. Thank you for your interest in volunteering with Forsyth Humane Society!
Whether it’s cleaning, community outreach, or providing comfort to an animal in need, FHS’s volunteer program offers a wide variety of opportunities for animal lovers to use their talents and skills to help the animals of Forsyth County be happy, healthy, and thriving!
- Volunteer hours are Monday – Saturday 8 am – 1 pm and 2 pm – 6 pm
- Volunteers must be at least 16 to volunteer independently
- Children ages 12-15 are permitted to volunteer with a trained parent or legal guardian. Both parents and children must register to be a volunteer.
- If you are contacting us to complete community service hours, please check our community service page.
- If you are interested in becoming an event volunteer, check out our event volunteer page.
We look forward to welcoming you to our program.
Julie, a long time volunteer and dog room mentor, shows us what it’s like to spend most of her days volunteering.
Thank you to Ryan Simmons and Jingxuan (Jane) Chen of the The Documentary Film Program at Wake Forest University for gifting this documentary production to our organization.