|Job Title: Assistant Manager||Pay Time: Salaried Full-time|
|Revised Date: September 17, 2021||Reports To: Animal Placement Manager|
|Written by: Erin Ryan||Approved by: Mark Neff|
Forsyth Humane Society (FHS) is a non-profit organization located in Winston-Salem, NC. Founded 80 years ago, FHS is an animal welfare organization dedicated to enriching our community by promoting the compassionate treatment of cats and dogs. FHS is committed to placing cats and dogs into loving homes, advancing community understanding of the benefits of animal companionship, supporting the spaying/neutering of dogs and cats, and working to achieve a 90% animal save rate in Forsyth County by 2023.
Essential Functions and Job Responsibilities:
- Work collaboratively with Veterinarians, Director, Managers and Staff to meet program goals and fulfill mission.
- Responsible for seeking and securing placement with other rescues for animals currently in FHS’s care.
- Responsible for managing, maintain, and growing the network of rescue partners.
- Responsible for driving our transport vehicles (minivan, cargo van, and/or RV) when necessary
- Remains a reliable resource throughout the transport experience and addresses any questions and/or concerns that arise to staff, rescue representatives, and/or volunteers.
- Assist Health & Wellness team with Health checks prior to transport.
- Process applications and contact new partners within two business days.
- Ensure records are current in Shelterluv.
Competency, Skills and Abilities:
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Ability to work independently and with a team.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills with attention to detail.
- Ability to communicate effectively, verbally and in writing in a diverse range of audiences and settings.
- Proficient computer skills and knowledge of Microsoft Office.
- Project management.
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple projects.
- Confidence in handling timid, fearful animals.
- Candidate must promote and support the overall vision and strategic plan for the shelter.
Education and Experience Requirements:
- Minimum 1-year experience in a progressively responsible management/leadership role.
- Minimum 1-year experience either animal handling, husbandry, care, training, etc.
- Must possess a valid Driver’s License and insurable driving record.
Physical Demands and Work Environment:
- Must be able to bend, stoop, stretch, stand and sit for extended periods.
- Ability to perform repetitive motions of wrists, hands and/or fingers due to extensive computer use.
- Work environment may be stressful at times, as overall center activities and work levels fluctuate.
- Excellent ability to communicate both verbally and written.
- Ability to utilize a computer and other office equipment.
- Must be able to lift 40 pounds as needed.
- Flexible schedule including rotating weekends.
Apply above or please send cover letter and resume to Mark Neff, Executive Director, at firstname.lastname@example.org