|Job Title: Marketing & Communications Manager||Pay Type: Salaried * Full-time|
|Revised Date: December 8, 2021||Reports To: Executive Director|
|Written by: Mark Neff||Approved by: Mark Neff|
Are you looking for the next stage in your career? Are you the type of person who enjoys working to effect real change in the world? This position will help us by translating your passion for animal welfare and advocacy and your skills in marketing, communications, design, and media into the voice, amplification, and advancement of the organization.
The Marketing and Communications Manager is responsible for the storytelling, branding, and setting the highest standards for communication both internally and externally for Forsyth Humane Society.
Essential Functions and Job Responsibilities:
1. Coordination, creation, and development of communications including, eNewsletters, donor solicitations, outreach, publications, and website content.
2. Design work including, print and digital marketing collaterals such as flyers, media kit inclusions, development pieces, public-facing brochures, and promotional pieces, event presentations and PowerPoint decks, and website updates.
3. Coordinate projects that support organization’s initiatives including our best practices and brand standards for campaigns and public-facing assets.
4. Support campaigns and development via research, content development, list acquisitions and implementations, and logistical and tactical execution.
5. Supervise and support the social media coordinator to provide support for asset creation and organization, including assistance with communications and photography.
6. Attend and participate in on-site and off-site events.
7. Coordinate and manage website development, design, and revisions including timely updates to each page as necessary, blogs, Q & A and ad hoc requests.
8. Collaborate cross-functionally with program leads, executive staff.
9. Provide reporting and analyses of campaign and operational performance.
10. Recruit and cultivate media partnerships, sponsorships, and relationships with Forsyth Humane Society. Create and design all requested press releases, articles, and ads for media partnerships.
11. Other duties upon request. Occasional nights and weekends required.
Competency, Skills and Abilities:
1. Excellent customer service skills.
2. Ability to work independently and with a team.
3. Strong analytical and problem solving skills with attention to detail.
4. Excellent verbal and written communication.
5. Proficient computer skills.
6. Experience with Adobe Suite, Photoshop, WordPress, Canva, Social Media Platforms, MS Suite, and Video Production.
7. Project management.
8. Patience and ability to work in tight turnaround, high-stress settings, and emotional situations.
Education and Experience Requirements:
1. Minimum of a Bachelor’s degree or equivalent, with experience in graphic design, communications and marketing preferred.
2. May substitute additional related experience, beyond what is required, on an equivalent year for year basis in lieu of the degree requirement.
3. Minimum of 3 years’ experience in management/leadership role.
4. Valid driver’s license.
Physical Demands and Work Environment:
1. Must be able to bend, stoop, stretch, stand and sit for extended periods.
2. Ability to perform repetitive motions of wrists, hands and/or fingers due to extensive computer use.
3. Work environment may be stressful at times, as overall center activities and work levels fluctuate.
4. Excellent ability to communicate both verbally and in writing.
5. Ability to utilize a personal computer and other office equipment.
6. Must be able to lift 40 pounds as needed.
Apply above or send resume and cover letter to Mark Neff, Executive Director, at firstname.lastname@example.org.